Re: Short Wheel Bolts

To: "Bud Pazur" <bpazur@excel.net>,
Subject: Re: Short Wheel Bolts
From: Tony Drews <tony@tonydrews.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2004 18:27:59 -0500
I can't comment on Bugeyes in particular, but for most cars, the studs can
be purchased in fairly long lengths.  I think mine are 3" long.  They
usually are kinda pressed into the hole so old ones can be knocked out and
the new ones placed in the holes and pulled into place with a lug nut and a
spacer.  You might consider going up a size in diameter while you are at it
for extra strength.  That would require having the stud holes in the hub
drilled out.  My local speed shop (generally works with hot rods and circle
track guys) was very familiar with the options in this area.

- Tony Drews