for youse mac guys

To: <Team-Thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: for youse mac guys
From: "Jim Gambony" <britbits@tiu.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 22:59:33 -0600
Ok, ok.... I knew it wasn't an Apple innovation... I used to appreciate the
Mac in the final days of college and glommed onto the only one in my
department shortly after starting real work in the late 80s.  So, I like the
one button meeeses.  :D

And I still like the idea of the operating system being resident in ROM.  30
second bootup?  Nice.

So, maybe I was being a bit too picky on the story?  Maybe a bit an*l?  It's
possible.. :(

Sticking with the story, the original Mac (and it's further iterations) made
computer usage easy enough that even my father could figure his out
(mostly.. :D ).  And put the pressure on Microsoft to make a kinder gentler
world than DOS offered.

On the flip side, I was impressed with the Microsoft applications on the
Mac, as they'd import and export to all the other proprietary applications
that all my co-workers insisted on.

Call me confused.

I just wish Apple had won their lawsuit over the concept.  That would have
been an large stick in the Gates wheel.

I'll go hide in the barn with all my rusty British cars now.

Cheers,

Jim