Spridget Race Car For Sale

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net, healeys@autox.team.net,
Subject: Spridget Race Car For Sale
From: Jwhlyadv@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 18:08:35 EDT
Mike Schneider is offering the following Spridget Race Car for Sale. You can
view this car and more at   <A
HREF="http://members.aol.com/jwerner/carsforsale.html";>Cars For Sale</A> .

Contact Mike at gmmls@win.net for more information

1962 Spridget race car
$7000
Custom cage built by a previously national competitive shop.
All fiberglass body except doors and trunk (car was weighed at 1380 lbs which
is under minimum weight for class in SCCA)
Braided stainless brake and clutch lines
Datsun 5 speed
1275 with ARP hardware, lightened, balanced, shot peened etc, Center main
strap, large capacity baffled oil pan, cosworth oil pump,.adjustable timing
gears, currently run an 8000 rpm rev limiter.
Crank trigger ignition with MSD spark box and timing computer
1.5 inch SU's (or alternate Weber available) and LCB Header
Dual fuel pumps
Remote oil filter.
Oil cooler included but not installed currently.
Large custom aluminum radiator (from a Ralt RT1) with electric fan
Second set of wheels included (steel)
Racing brake pads and shoes
Double row rear wheel bearings
5 link rear suspension (3 trailing links, and watts linkage), coil over
carrera shocks, tubular sway bar, 4.11 welded differential installed and 3.9
welded
available.
Front suspension, all solid bushings, carrera shocks, road racing springs,
tubular sway bar
Quick release steering wheel
ATL fuel Cell 8 gallon
Trailer hitch receiver style. (I used to drive the car to the autocross on
street tires, with the slicks in the trailer!!)

This car was driven just as it is today except with street tires, headlights
and a windshield to Conclave in Canada and Ashville. (oops, the head has been
ported and the alternator removed since then as well). It has been very
reliable, and very fast. It competed in the track days at Conclave at Putnam
park
and Brainard raceway. At Putnam park it beat all vehicles that showed up at the
track that day, Nasty Healeys, BMW's and all other racing sprites and street
Healeys. At Brainard it won it class very handily and beat every car except
one, it was less than half a second behind the V8 Healey there (remember we had
to launch from a dead stop twice for that event, and Brainard is a very
horsepower friendly track.) It also won the hill climb at the Michigan
Conclave.

I built the car with the intention of auto crossing and someday moving to
road racing. I have not had the time to autocross much in the last couple of
years. I am trying to sell the Nanner and a project BT7, to turn them into a
drivable big Healey, so we would be interested in partial or complete trades
for
any flavor big Healey.

Mike & Gina Schneider
10 Elk Creek Ct