Tech Questions

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Tech Questions
From: DSRGR@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 10:38:26 EST
Couple of tech questions for you engineer types out there..... I just bought
an aftermarket temp gauge for my tow Vehicle and took it home to do the
boiling water test.... Rapidly boiling water makes it read 205... I called
the tech number and they said that it may be off because of my altitude. I'm
at 2600" here in Vegas.... Should I take it back and exchange it  or not....

Second question... I was around when Mobile One was introduced in the late
60s and it was touted as a HP gain as well as other claims sudh as 25,000
between changes.... Is Mobile One different/better than other synthetics....
Thanks for any responses.... Gene