Re: FW: The Meadow Brook Historic Races

To: rccook16@voyager.net ("Rick Cook"), vintage-race@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: FW: The Meadow Brook Historic Races
From: MGTD2@aol.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2002 17:49:10 -0500
Rick,
When I contacted Doug Respecki, he mentioned that Waterford Hills Road Racing
(which, as you know, is a club and not a "race track company") has been
considering several "outside sanctioning groups" to do some sort of vintage
race. Don't know if VSCDA is one of them....but maybe it should be.  I
certainly would prefer that over SVRA or some such enterprise doing it.  In
fact, I think it could be a real "feature presentation" for the club.  Despite
Waterford being a 'small fry' compared to some historic venues, it is in fact a
track that's been around since the "old days" of sportscar racing, an
established yearly "Historic" in a major metro area coincident with a major
national concours, and a pretty large following of fans who come out to watch,
party on the hills, view the automotive art show, and check out the for-sale
lot.  It's also got a turn that bites Bugeyes!
--John Deikis