Customer service

To: <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: Customer service
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2002 22:02:53 -0500
Did any of you get instructions concerning cleaning and care of your
driver's suit? I wore my new Pyrotect NASA suit at ELVF, and did what I've
always done, washed it in Tide and cool water. Oops... that cool creamy
white knit stripe area is now a really dingy grey, damn it.

I call Pytotect, and they say they recommend dry cleaning the first time,
followed by cold washes and Woolite. They say the dry cleaning "sets" the
colors in the nomex, and after that, you'll  have little trouble with the
colors in the Nomex bleeding. They suggest I try having it cleaned to see if
the original creamy white can be restored.

Well, no such luck.I called Pyrotect back, and they've asked me to send it
back after the race season's over, and they'll re-sew the white knit fabric
in the suit, no charge. That is some damn good customer service.

WST