questions about VWs for sale

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: questions about VWs for sale
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 08:07:11 -0500
The Karman Ghia was a California car, and had (has) when I got it a pretty
bad "Earl Scheib" paint job over a rust free body. Over the years, rust has
developed in the lower rear fenders (just from the moisture in my garage
while in storage). There's no evidence of any accidents. It has the original
interior (worn). I have the original 1200 engine (out of the car). Currently
in the car is a fresh rebuilt 1600 dual port with 009 distributor and dual
single barrel Solex carbs with electric chokes. I have all new parts in a
box to go through the hydraulics. It has an old set of chrome Porsche rims.
Tires are dry rotted, but hold air.

I suspect with an afternoon of work, it would run.

The Notchback is quite a rare car... Dove gray with a houndstooth cloth
interior. I think there's 70,000 something original miles on it. I bought it
from the original owners, who, if I remember right, bought it in Canada.
(Notchback's were never imported to the US, only Squareback's and
Fastbacks).  It's a sunroof car. Pretty straight other than some door dings.
It has some rust around the headlight trim, but overall a very solid car. It
has the original 1500 in it. It has old (but new when it was put away) tires
on it. Either the tranny or the clutch (I suspect the transaxle since I
remember my now ex-wife only mentioning the funny noises after it ceased to
move under it's own power). I have a spare swing axle transaxle for the car.

I suspect an afternnon of work would make it run, along with another day to
swap out the transaxle.

Both cars were daily drivers 16 years ago when put away.

I want $2000 for the Ghia as is, and $3000 for the Notchback as is... (more
if I take the time to get them running and driving)

I can take some digital pics tomorrow

WST