Re: titles

To: Severin Thompson <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: titles
From: Walt Boeninger <walt_boeninger@hp.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:18:14 -0700
Severin Thompson wrote:

> Hey y'all...
>
> This is always a dicey situation....

Dicey?  Good adjective for a federal crime..;-)

> Trying to rescue (another) car... but I'm gonna need a title and
> (preferably) an ID tag for a MKIII Sprite.
>
> Anyone got one from a car that has given itself as an organ donor, or one
> you personally junked and managed to keep the identity?

So, the rescueee has no VIN number that can be verified by
the DMV or CHP or whatever authority there is... and then
titled as is?  That's how we got a california title for
our Trans Am car in 1987.

That's the ideal

 ------
Regards

Walt Boeninger - Nor Cal SAAC         67 GT500     | 67 Shelby T-A #31
http://www.norcal-saac.org            71 Boss 351  | 97 5.0 Explorer
mailto:walt_boeninger@hp.com          99 C5 Hdtp   | 02 Mustang GT