Diplomacy..........

To: team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Diplomacy..........
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@autox.team.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2002 14:56:22 -0600 (MDT)
God save Team.Net, the Queen can take care of herself?

mjb.
----

At Heathrow, a 300-foot long red carpet is stretched out to Air Force
One and Mr.  Bush strides to a warm but dignified handshake from Queen
Elizabeth II.  They ride in a silver 1934 Bentley limousine to the
edge of central London where they board an open 17th century coach
hitched to six magnificent white matching horses.  As they ride toward
Buckingham Palace, each looking sideways and waving to the thousands
of cheering Britons lining the streets, all is going well.

But suddenly the right rear horse lets fly with the most horrendous,
earth-rending, eye-smarting blast of gastronomic flatulence ever heard
in the British Empire, including Bermuda, Tortola and the Falkland
Islands.  It shakes the coach.

Uncomfortable, but under control, the two dignitaries of state do
their best to ignore the whole incident, but then the Queen decides
that's ridiculous.  She turns to Mr. Bush and explains,

"Mr. President, please accept my regrets....I'm sure you understand
that there are some things that even a Queen cannot control."

George W.  Bush, ever the gentleman, replies, "Your Majesty, please
don't give the matter another thought......You know, if you hadn't
said something, I would have thought it was one of the horses."