Thick-o Preparty

To: <alfa45@juno.com>, <rccook16@voyager.net>, <Billd13@aol.com>,
Subject: Thick-o Preparty
From: Zeke5550@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2002 14:31:43 EST
Kelvin Palmer (British Race Group) wrote:

"Hi Gary,
Thanks for the invite to your Thicko party before the VSCDA banquet.

Of course, being that I've never attended a Thicko function away from the
track,
I have several grave concerns:

1) Will my dress clothing require protection from animals (dead or
otherwise) being
burnt?

2) Will a bus be provided (with sober driver and keg) to safely ferry us all
to and from
the banquet?

3) Are other spouses attending and will you be asking them to sign waivers
for any
reason?

4) Specifically, will YOUR spouse be attending or should we be told that she
already
has plans to be out of town that evening?

5) If I were passing through your kitchen while your dishwasher was running,
could I possibly be injured by bent, flying pieces of hot silverware?

6) Is your homeowner's policy paid up?

Just wondering,

Kelvin Palmer
British Race Group"

My answers:
1) There will be no sacrifice of any kind because it is after all "Burr Ridge"
and the nice dress code will subdue the normal Thicko behavoir.
2) There are no bus plans and it is early enough that we should be able to make
a sober transition to the "Main event" and the Burr Ridge police have not had
ot take their bullet out of their pocket yet this year and we do not want to
ruin a perfect record.
3) Women are generally termed a good thing so as many as we can convince will
attend with any waivers needed.
4) My wife will be attending and adding class to this event although she did
make a Freudian (I think) slip when she said "Are you inviting all the Sicko's?
5) No Grenade will go off at any time during the party or hopefully at any time
during the balance of the 2002 race season.

I hope you can all stop over before what promises to be a great dinner at a
great restrauant.