RE: Belt drive timing gears

To: "'Gerard'" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Midgetracers@aol.com
Subject: RE: Belt drive timing gears
From: Bob Magnotti <bob@itgonline.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2002 08:31:18 -0500
Frank wrote:
<<All I can say is that it was the second best improvement in performance
that I
>made.
>First being the 45 DCOE
>Best bang for the buck if you ask me.>>

I have to agree 100% with Franks statement about this being one of the best
bang for the buck moods for these engines.  I installed the belt drive in
'98 on a stock block 1275, along with a Weber 45, I do have a mild oil leak
at the front seal, but since installation this engine has been very strong.
I run stock crank, pistons, rods and cam.  The cam is advanced also about 4
degrees.  I have inspected the belt numerous times and found no reason to
change anything. You will notice the difference immediately.  One of the
best advantages of this system is the fact that the belt does not stretchy
like a chain and gears.  Things like cam and distributor timing can be set
spot on and the adjustments stay that way.
Bob M.