Re: Village space

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Village space
From: "Jack W. Drews" <vinttr4@geneseo.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2001 10:47:52 +0000
"Wm. Severin Thompson" wrote:

> hey y'all,
>
> Any if you Thursday arrivals got enough stones to save us an island up near
> the gas pumps so we can have power?

I'll be arriving very late Thurs, but surely someone else will get there in time
to ward off the hordes of MG's (over 70 registered). A bunch of TR teams wish to
huddle together -- Drews, Alexander, Korey, Hill, Howard among others.

> Second choice, would be an island further down the hill and I'll run the
> generator.
>
> I think everyone appreciated how nice it was to have a consolidated
> "village" at Grattan...

It was great fun, proving once again that if ya can't get quality, settle for
quantity.......

> My cam came in. Of course, it's end of month, end of quarter, so I actually
> have to work for a living. I may be pulling the motor Friday at the track...

Hmmmm. You have an interesting cam if it only comes in once a month. Mine comes
in at about 3000 rpm every time.

> Thanks for all the food y'all have committed to. If our Minister of Food
> and Beverage would get off his ample ass, maybe we could coordinate this...

Frances is already in gear. Baking a cake for the Flounder, fixing some sort of
vegetable dish, bringing animal sacrifices. Coordination? We don' need no
steenking coordination.

I've been trying to find an American flag. None available. All sold out. Triumph
flag will have to do. BTW, since the Thicktone concert is Fri 22 Sept, I expect
quality rendition of "Happy Birthday", in four part harmony, and in key for a
change. This is the biggie -- Uncle Sam awards me the Medicare card on this one.
I'll probably doze off during the MG race.

--

uncle jack - red, white, and New Blue

///