Re: ELVF

To: wsthompson@thicko.com, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ELVF
From: TMHEFFRON@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 15:48:25 EDT
WST:

If you can't get a new cam in time - this is a section from the Official
Tuning Booklet:

"Camshaft Improvements - Significant improvements can be found by the
following adjustments to the camshaft mechanism.  Select a coarse grade
rat-tail file,and with great care, file the low parts (the '"base circle") of
the camshaft to a depth of approximately 1/8 inch, whilst striving to achieve
a consistent concentricity.  If access to engine is awkward,  chain the rear
axle to a come-along, attach the other end to a stout tree limb or
overhanging pub sign, and adjust  the car until it achieves "the Mosport
position".   Do not neglect to perform an adjustment of the valves afterward."

Hope that helps!

'll be at RA Sat. mid AM.  I believe my daughter Nicki will be along - at age
9 her first time to RA.  She's been to Blackhawk and IRP, now it's time for
the big track!  I'd be happy to help get the PA and the like put together,
and will bring sacrificial meat products.   Let me know of what else is
necessary.

TuTone

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list