Re: VARAC Festival - Lawnchair Racingx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"

To: Mike Rosen <mra@sympatico.ca>
Subject: Re: VARAC Festival - Lawnchair Racingx-mac-creator="4D4F5353"
From: Mike Jackson <grand_wazoo@flinet.com>
Date: Thu, 03 May 2001 10:32:02 -0400
I love it!

However, as a (former) engineer and computer scientist, I feel obligated to
comment on the formula for the final score:

1) needs more parenthesis or clear definition of precidence of operators.
However, good guesses can be made and the following observations pointed out to
those whos eyes crossed while trying to understand it.

2) high quality construction detracts from final score
3) more cupholders are better
4) good condition and originality raise score
5) mystery variable Ca lowers ones score if it goes up
6) good deportment causes score to go up and use of color and/or sound cause it
to go down....unless of course there are some missing paren's in which case this
effect would be reversed.  Then  boom boxes used by rowdy buffoons would be a
good thing.
7) time in landfill and tire aspect ratio have opposite effects on score but
darned if I can figure out which way each goes
8) pretty sure fast course times are good
9) spare change factor's influence depends upon whether it's in cents or
fractional dollars
10) skill question scoring is important, I think

Ok, in summary...I got lost...this is gonna require more beer

mike jackson
working on my FLibre entry

Mike Rosen wrote:

> Hear Ye, Hear Ye
> Here are the guidelines for the 1ST ANNUAL LAWNCHAIR RACE which will be
> held at the VARAC Vintage Racing Festival at Mosport

> (C+A - Cq)/ 1/Cp X (Cn+O)/Ca X D/CoS X ER/Tr X 1/LT X 1/(SQ+Sp)
> Where:
> C   = comfort
> A   = affinity of chair to entrant
> Cn = condition
> Cq = construction quality
> Cp = number of cup holders and/or flowerpots
> ER = environmental responsibility (time in landfill)
> O   = originality
> CoS = colour and/or Sound
> D   = deportment
> Tr  = tire aspect ratio (selected randomly)
> LT =  Course time in some measured manner, units to be determined
> SQ = Answer to skill testing question
> Sp = Amount of spare change found under seat cushions, converted to
> Canadian currency at rate determined by Brewers Retail at time of
> competition.

///
///  team-thicko@autox.team.net mailing list
///