RE: Mini Mania Rear 1/4 eliptical competition springs

To: "'Bob Magnotti'" <bob@itgonline.com>
Subject: RE: Mini Mania Rear 1/4 eliptical competition springs
From: "Kansa, Robert" <KansaR@diebold.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 07:42:08 -0400
Tinkerbell has the following----
offset 3 leaf 1/4 rears..bolted through with 2 front bolts, single center
alignment bolt (middle) instead of pin and a 2 bolt with clamping bar "clamp"
instead of u bolt in the rear, thats 5 total per side at the mounting
bracket,all grade 8, no binding straps on the spings, but we use a
triangulation rear locator bar (similar to a panhard but from the tunnel to the
spring mount)and of course hiem joint trailing links.
ive never had a shifting problem within the springs
matter of fact i think short of a coil over system it works reasonably well.
R(WNIK) Kansa
rccsa girls
sprite #25

I have these springs installed on my Sprite and have noticed that they
shift.  They do not have any pin or clamps to hold them aligned in the
stack.  Anybody have any experience with these springs?  What mods need to
be made to keep the stack in line.

Magneto