Re: SU carb guy

To: MGTD2@aol.com
Subject: Re: SU carb guy
From: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2000 17:18:18 -0400
An SU guy that I've dealt with is Joe Curto in College Point Queens, NY.
718-762-7878.  No-one that I know who has dealt with him has had a single
complaint.  Nuttin but praises.  Give him a pair of the shittiest carbs you can
find, and you get back two carbs that are perfect in every way, shape and form.
 As for needles,  his head is a walking library.  I'll see him Saturday at our
annual gymkhana.  He runs his supercharged TD.

If you want further needle information,  try this web page.

<from Nolan Penney>

http://www.team.net/www/morgan/tech/tuning.html

This link is to an excellent web article on selecting SU needles using an
air/fuel gauge.  This is why I think the gauge is so usefull.  If you've ever
considered trying to optimize the needle selection for your particular engine,
this web page is vital reading.  Not only for the knowledge you will gain, but
for the software in it.

The SU Needle spreadsheet program is there for determining your needle profile
at each station, but for selecting other profiles.  Good stuff!  I sucked it
into an Excell spreadsheet so I could have the pretty lines to admire in a
graph.  I'm a visual sort of guy, so I can grasp lines far quicker then I can
grasp a column of numbers.

<end>

Hope this helps.

Michael

MGTD2@aol.com wrote:
> Grenade:
Since you didn't ask, I'll tell you anyway...
The person I have used three times to do SU carbs,
that I told you about at Grattan is Jim Taylor in Bartlesville, OK, tel.:
918-333-3444.  He's a retired engineer who sounds about 108 years old on the
phone but was still around to do my TR3 last year.
...or have you solved your carb problem?
John Deikis
(aka: Blunt Head Trauma)