Re: Fw: VARAC Festival 2000 at Mosport Trip Report

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: VARAC Festival 2000 at Mosport Trip Report
From: mike <mikerosen@home.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 2000 23:32:39 -0400
Just a quick note re: "If I don't swap that motor, I don't have a hair
on my ass"... or something to the effect quoted by the Flounder on
Friday afternoon.

To bring any Thicko's in attendance up to date about the cheater (1275)
motor fitted to the VAY Special late Friday at Mosport.

After oiling the track liberally on Saturday - with lots of time
standing by the side of the track  while WST was turned right side up...
We went out on Sunday, ran three sessions and starting 19th in the
Feature (Mini, Sprite Challenge), finished 4th.  I was running third
ahead of a climax powered 7 when I spun in corner 5 on the last lap (I'm
such an asshole).

Thanks to WST, Rodger Garnett, Doc. Dreadfull, Dan Neuhaus and all the
other Thickos who ruined my weekend of sitting in lawn chair and made me
drive 160 miles to get a spare motor then lose my beauty sleep while I
watched them put it in the VAY - there's a reason I've never acquired
any mechanical ability.

I especially wanted to thank everyone for making sure my consumption of
any sort of beverage was kept to a minimum - as was my food intake -
trying not to get crumbs into the spare motor.

This weekend, I will hose out the oil, take out the cheater 1275 and
return it.

Thanks again

Mike (no valves, no stroke) Rosen