Re: Race Around the World

To: MGTD2@aol.com
Subject: Re: Race Around the World
From: "R. C. Brown" <rcbrown@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Jul 2000 08:30:28 -0500
John,

The Hunt's and the "other" Healey (Rick Dyke-Price and Stuart Onyett)
both received their "TEAM THICKO" badge of honor just 1/2 a day prior
to you seeing them in Bay City. I put the logo on the rear wings in
Marquette that very morning!  Of course they had not heard of
Team Thicko and from the name first wondered what someone was
trying to tell them. Once I explained the Team Thicko story, they
were proud to wear the name.

BTW, the third Healey that you referred to was never intending to
go Around the World, he was entered in the London - Peking event.
Early reports were that the car was a write-off, but I have heard that
the car is either back in the UK or USA and is being repaired.

Too bad we missed connections in Bay City, it would have been good
to meet another Thicko.

Bob Brown