suspension choices?

To: "'team-thicko@autox.team.net'" <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: suspension choices?
From: Daniel Thompson <dthompson@gbc.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 Jul 2000 09:26:59 -0400
O.K., O.K., so I'll have to wait a little longer until "the Bishop" becomes
available :-)

Meanwhile I continue to build my own version of the Bishop: 1958 Bugeye,
will be built according to VARAC rules; ie: 948, lever shocks, no flares,
13x5" wheels, dunlops, rib case, all steel body etc. etc. etc.

I am at the stage when I want to buy front and rear springs for the car.
What should I be using given the above restrictions? Stock leaf springs or?
in the front how stiff do the springs need to be? Do I need offset springs
in the back if I am only running 13x5" wheels with Dunlops?

What about a decent supplier? Winners Circle, Mini Mania, or ???

Thanks,

Daniel T.