Re: Speaking of odd cars.....

To: "Gerald J. Brazil" <gerrybraz@voyager.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of odd cars.....
From: mike <mikerosen@home.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 23:07:03 -0500
Actually I did... but I don't see it here so maybe my office mail is
acting up.
The car you're discussing is the Dreossi Special of Doug Elcomb.
It is an F86 Sabre jet drop tank...one of the first monococque cars.
BMC A series and Fiat gear box.

It raced against my VAY Special in the early 60s.

When I get to the office in the morning I'll scan and send the only
photo I have of it.
It's not a great shot because it's partly blocked by my car which is
leading it at the time.  Doug runs quite a bit faster than me (300 lbs.
weight and more skill)
But at Pittsburgh where the shot is, we both broke the under 1L record
for anything other than Lotus 7...since he was faster, his name is in
the book.

The V8 car you mentioned is a Kiki... there's two of those up here, but
they're not Canada Class. The rules were as you said- components from a
production car and 3 displacements allowed, 750 OHC, 948 OHV and 1200
Sidevalve. So anything over that wasn't built to Canada Class specs. -
it's just another weird special - and we got lots of them.

I'm not sure if my Mercury Outboard Special will get done this year - I
might be taking on too much for a one season restoration.

Mike