RE: Double Bearing hubs for Spridgets - anyone using them?

To: "Rick Cook" <rccook16@voyager.net>,
Subject: RE: Double Bearing hubs for Spridgets - anyone using them?
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2000 09:49:44 -0500
Two things come to mind.  First, I put a similar set of hubs on the car I
sold to Ron Watson.  I had the same issue, tried turning down the OD of the
hub but didn't gain enough clearance, re-drilled the holes in the shoes and
ran both upper and lower springs with no problem.

Second, this speaks volumes for the idea of running a dual braking
system.  The later master cylinder can be fitted by using the later pedal
box, which does require some cutting.  I put a Datsun dual master in my
car, which in my opinion worked extremely well but required more
fabrication than the stock MC and still required the use of the later pedal
box. I can visualize fabricating a system that used a single clutch MC, and
a linkage to allow proper dual MC's with balance bar mounted in a stock
pedal box, but haven't actually made one so I don't know if it could be done.

Brian