rumor and innuendo

To: "Judy Cull" <vscda@iserv.net>, "BillDentin" <BillDentin@aol.com>
Subject: rumor and innuendo
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2000 20:19:49 -0600
Judy & Bill,

I enjoyed (as usual) the VSCDA banquet. It signals the beginning of the new
year's events, followed soon by Craig Bielat's Daytona 500 party, then the
Continental Motors wine & cheese shindig. Soon after that... race time. Yee
hah!.

I was please to see that Team Thicko drivers one 2 out 3 of this years
awards (just like last year). We must be doing something right... hell, one
of our bandmembers is club prez this year.

As always, when dealing with the Flounder (see, I'm referring to myself in
the 3rd person like Michael Jordon), you've got to take the good with the
bad... so here comes the bad.

As I'm sitting at a table with my date, and talking to friends, Carol Olson
comes up to me. She say... "I need to ask you something you might not like
to answer". Ah... Ok. She goes on to say that there's talk that Team Thicko
has and will boycott the BRIC because of George Bruggenthies involvement.

How does this crap get started? Can anyone tell me? For the record... (and I
still have my original mails on the subject), last year some of us opted for
the event at Mosport. The reason stated at the time, and still true,
(without any hidden agendas) was track time, costs, and the desire for a
road trip. I don't know where the George stuff comes in. In my opinion,
George can be both delightful and/or a pain in the ass depending on his
mood... but his involvement has nothing to do with whether I or any other
Team Thicko member attends. If it were true, why would we support the Fall
Festival in such great numbers???

I've supported, attended, or raced at the CHR/BRIC going back well over 10
years. My stated reasons for seeking a different event that weekend were and
are track time, entry costs... and (here's the big reason) the track's
insistence on charging me $275 for the privilege of parking my motorhome
there. (Just got the "reservation for space" mail today...) This ridiculous
charge was present before George's recent involvement with the track.
Nowhere else does a track gouge for overnight camping. It's a track issue,
not a VSCDA issue. It just adds to an already expensive weekend. (Grattan
charges, what? $20 or a case of beer???)

So, last year we went to Mosport. This year too. Has nothing to do with
George. I hope this puts an end to that rumor...

WST