Re: Experience with these WC spridget bits

To: Mike Gigante <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Subject: Re: Experience with these WC spridget bits
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:35:55 -0700 (PDT)
> While where here, what go fast bits from WC have you found
> particularly successful.

Mike,
I am not a racer and I have only used their offset trunnion bushings and
front tele shock conversion.
The shock conversion is nicely made, and incorporates Carrera adjustable
shocks.  I have the street shocks, but with rod ends.  The shocks have
only three different settings, I have only used the middle one so far -
too soft for your 510# springs.  I don't know if the race shocks are
shorter, but on my car with 340# that lower the car 1", there is almost no
compression travel left.  If I lowered the car any more, they would bottom
out.  I currently have no swaybar mounted, which is probably part of the
problem.
I have stock hubcap wheels with 145s right now and there is some rubbing
somewhere on hard cornering.  I have not determined yet wether it's
fender/tire or shock/tire or what.

Mike, didn't I read in your race report that your shocks were totally dead
after the race?  I am curious how you fixed that problem, did you just
refill the shocks?

                                                           '67 Sprite