[Fwd: Heep vs Tractor (story)]

To: Team Thicko List <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: [Fwd: Heep vs Tractor (story)]
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 08 May 1998 17:29:08 -0500
--------------7C759D44963E3914F010F30D

>From the Land Cruiser mail list...

--------------7C759D44963E3914F010F30D

To: LandCruisers@tlca.org
Sender: LandCruisers-request@tlca.org
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 11:43:24 -0500
From: Matt Binns <matt@33rpm.com>
Subject: Heep vs Tractor (story)

        A film director (I shall call him Dennis for that is his name) I
work with a fair bit recounted his own Crawford on our last shoot.. It was
corroborated by an assistant cameraman who saw the aftermath.

        Dennis has a ranch in Montana, and to go with his ranch he bought a
new Heep Bland Cherokee Laredo Limited with the gold door handles et al.
His wife however forbade his from ripping around the place in it so that it
would stay nice and clean for shopping/kid runs etc. So Dennis is left to
tool around the ranch in an old diesel tractor. One day he is chugging
across a large mud hole in a small field and the thing stalls.
Unfortunately he is stuck in top gear and the starter doesn't have enough
juice to loosen up the transmission or to start it in gear. Humm he thinks,
at last a chance to use my super clean 4X4 legitimately.
         So 10 minutes later he is chaining the back of the Heep (Using the
correct piece of plastic on the Heep for he is no fool.........) to the
front of the tractor. He figures that he can jog the tractor enough to get
the bind out of the transmission and then start it in neutral. He guns his
shiny truck and the wheels begin to bite....the tractor moves slightly so
he gives it some more V8 and then Lo! a Miracle, the tractor frees itself
from the mud. (not actually deep, but not to be driven across in top) He is
preparing to stop and get out when he notices that the tractor is now
closer and he can hear a thudding noise over the a/c........having left the
tractor with the throttle wide open and there being no ignition key, just a
starter button, he has succeeded in bump starting the thing and it proceeds
to chase him at a leisurely 10-12 mph, chained securely to his rear end.
        Keeping (Heeping?) his foot on the throttle, Dennis weighs his
options and decides to try and swing the front of the tractor into a tree,
he misses a couple then realizes he could do some serious damage if he gets
the tree between them and then is dragged back into the tree by the
tractor...during his pondering he finally runs out of room
and figuring a side hit would be worse he just stops in front of the fence
and jumps out. In slow motion the tractor chugs up to his beloved, smashes
the rear and climbs up to come to rest with its front wheels sitting on the
roof, effectively humping the Heep.

Next time we work together I'll see if he has any insurance photos.

Not affiliated with Massey-Ferguson etc

Cheers

Matt Binns  Chicago IL
matt@33rpm.com
'72+'79 FJ40's WCLC and TLCA
Special Effects - Inventions - Gadgets  -Rigs - Gags - Kinetics.
Appropriate Technology

--------------7C759D44963E3914F010F30D--