Re: Chicago Vintage GP

To: John Utter <utter914@execpc.com>
Subject: Re: Chicago Vintage GP
From: Dick Carlson <atrltd@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 10:52:56 -0600

John Utter wrote:

> Does anyone have any additional info. on the Chicago Vintage GP taking
> place July 11 & 12? It's being run in the Grant Park area (Lake Shore Dr,
> Jackson, Congress, Columbus Dr. and Balbo). I got this info. from the
> Chicago Reg. SCCA, but have no idea what vintage group is running it.

 You know, this was the very original idea behind the Chicago Historics back
in '79 or '80. I still have the newspaper clipping somewhere. The idea got
nixed because the econonically disadvantaged folk on the west side wouldn't
be able to access the lake for, jeez, two whole days. Thanks to Mayor Jane.
It was to be combined with the Can-Am, too.

--
Dick
Age & Treachery Racing, Ltd.