Re: Wheels

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>,
Subject: Re: Wheels
From: Black Bart <blackbart@thicko.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 07:48:01 -0600
Sorry Ulix, but I had to laugh at WST's response. He is correct, they are AR
wheels, specifically AR Libre wheels.  If you are interested, I may have a
source for them in Washington state.

What I had to laugh about was WST's "the fenders slightly pulled out with no
lip on the inner edge of the fender" statement.  This "slightly pulled out"
set-up is quite the sight, however, with just the right placement of the
crowbar, WST has achieved the required clearance. It is a piece of work.
Actually, it is all part of the "cultivated" look he refers to all the time,
and the rear fenders do compliment the front ones.  You see, they too have
been "slightly pulled out".  In this case though, not for tire clearance,
but rather to fish out the myriad of wrenchs and sockets that have found
their way between the fender and the body.  The lower parts of the fender
are no longer welded to the body, for easy access to this tool basin.  Just
pull the fender out, reach in and Wha La! you have your lost tool.  In fact,
if you follow WST, you will actually witness these fenders flapping in the
breeze.  Ever see his car?  Its always front end high, like its about to
launch into outer space and I think the front wings, er.. I mean fenders,
help with the areodynamics.

Oh ya, the modified radius arm mount. Another piece of work.  Have to see
this to believe it too.  You really need to get to a Team Thicko race event.
One look at WST's car and you will wonder, along with the rest of the
vintage race community, "How the hell does this guy go so fast in this car?"

See all the grey hair on my head?  WST is responsible for 90 per cent of it.

Thanks Bill.

Gary Speckman
Team Thicko
MOD  (and proudly so)