General list of members

To: team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: General list of members
From: DSRGR <DSRGR@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 12:04:43 EST
No team name... sorry.... it wouldn't be printable in such a conservative
"family" list as this one if I did make one up...

I do have an odd ball one to tell you about tho....friend of mine was one of
the Las Vegas "Bad Boys" (special gang/drug squad cop) ex viet vet. race car
was a Shelby Can Am... race team name  "Body Bag Racing" Then switched to "Toe
Tag Racing"  Unfortunately, he was killed in his race car at the opening of
the new LV Motor Speedway.  Great sense of humor, good friend... I am not
making any of this up.

As for me.... Moved to Vegas in 82 and was looking for a car. learned of a
Lotus 51 with a bad motor that had been sitting. Bought it for $1200. Vintage
was just starting and I wanted to go SCCA so replaced the motor, ran a few
autocrosses and sold it for $3500... heard the guy restored it and sold it for
$8000 a couple years later. Two years ago was talking to Vern Jaques of VARA
Lotus 51 fame and he asked if I had heard about my ex car. he said that the
$8000 owner had completely restored the car and it sold for $35,000 a couple
years ago. that guy didn't have anything to restore so he chromed
everything... the car sold for $45,000 a few weeks before we talked.

Ran SCCA for several years but kept looking for a vintage car. Found an old
autocrosser D Sports Racer and bought it thinking it was an SCCA car.  Got
some stuff with it and discovered it was an Ocelot from the 60s. Have been
happily racing it in vintage ever since.

I also race an ITA RX7 that took most of my money and time in 1997 but
finished with a win.  Now that it is sorted out, time to push money at the DSR
and get back to the VARA out of town events.

Working corners at the National Shelby Clubs annual convention this weekend
here in Vegas....

Happy New Year to you all.

Gene