Inspections, accidents

To: Thicko <team-thicko@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Inspections, accidents
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 15:37:57 -0500
I liked the disciplined approach to tech that SCCA used for years.

First, any violation observed at tech was written on the log book page,
and if the inspector thought it was OK to race this way one weekend, he
noted "correct by next event". That always worked, because despite the
annual car tech, you must present your log book for driver's gear tech
at every event, giving the tech's a chance to see this note.

Likewise, any major accident was followed by an inspection of the car
and notes in the logbook. Hence, next race, the tech's saw what was
previously damaged and inspected it again.

This might take more techies than we seem to have, but then again, maybe
more of us are willing to be techies than is thought.