Re: [Spridgets] Detroit locker?

To: Spridgets list <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "Charles F. Christ Sr." <crusaderchuck55@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Detroit locker?
From: Mark Haynes via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2019 12:19:09 -0600

--000000000000e4cf7b059109316e

I don't have a locker, but I do have a pair of welded spider gears, -i.e.
the dragster's locker. They give just a little bit of freedom to the gears,
but when they lock, they lock. It's a better way to lock the gears than
trying to weld a plate directly onto the teeth, The grooves between the
teeth are filled with weld on both sides of the side gears, it makes
cleaning the gears to get a better weld MUCH easier, so the quality is
better (I had them welded by an aerospace welder when I worked with those
types).
Not as much slack before locking as a locker, so there's no sudden onset
mid-corner.
Mark Haynes
It only goes one way- Pay It Forward

--000000000000e4cf7b059109316e

lded spider gears, -i.e. the dragster&#39;s locker. They give just a little=
 bit of freedom to the gears, but when they lock, they lock. It&#39;s a bet=
ter way to lock the gears than trying to weld a plate directly onto the tee=
th, The grooves between the teeth are filled with weld on both sides of the=
 side gears, it makes cleaning the gears to get a better weld MUCH easier, =
so the quality is better (I had them welded by an aerospace welder when I w=
orked with those types).</div><div>Not as much slack before locking as a lo=
r=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_signature" data-smartmail=3D"gmail_signature"><div=

--000000000000e4cf7b059109316e--

--===============5829532066517615008==

spridgets@autox.team.net

--===============5829532066517615008==--