Re: [Spridgets] Blue pilot light - Barjan

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Spridgets] Blue pilot light - Barjan
From: Jon Paschke via Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 18:14:54 -0700
--===============4856760034834284386==
 boundary="------------050704030504020507080208"

--------------050704030504020507080208

Daniel,
Find similar music amp supply shop over there or a good music store.
https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX
Jon

On 5/24/2015 4:47 PM, WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:
> Hi list,
> At Sprite Rush 98 which was at the Embers Convention Centre (?),
> Carlisle, PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to browse the
> truck stop shop.  At least I think that was the shop relevant to this
> e-mail.  I purchased some really neat red and orange pilot lights for
> my Sprite of the 'Barjan' brand.  I still have the packaging (for off
> road use only - oops to late to comply) and see that Barjan is from
> East Molline, Illionois while the lights themselves are made in Taiwan.
> The lights are very neat, very small and I always liked them.  A
> pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I may need a blue
> pilot light to mount in my dash.  Hopefully not though because I don't
> want to put a hole in the dash.  UK legislation suggests that my 69
> Sprite may not need a blue pilot light to indicate that the headlights
> are on high beam (rather than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway
> as a contingency/precautionary measure for the annual MOT.
> Some internet and ebay searching produced just what I was looking for
> although the brand was LED technologies and an Australian owned
> company but with the light itself still made in Taiwan.  So, I
> purchased a blue pilot light at about 5 times the cost of my original
> red or orange unit (that also came 2 to a pack) and found there was a
> difference.  The difference is that the blue lens is multi-faced like
> the pilot light in the speedo but my original Barjan pilot lights are
> round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a pair of new LED red and
> orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I can help it, but
> would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So anyone happen across any of
> the older style Blue (maybe purple?) Barjan pilot lights?
> Thanks
> Daniel
>

> ------------------------
>
> spridgets@autox.team.net
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Suggested annual donation: $12.75
>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/spridgets/jpaschke@bak.rr.com

--------------050704030504020507080208

  <head>
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
    Daniel,<br>
    Find similar music amp supply shop over there or a good music store.<br>
    <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX";>https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/P-L1XX</a><br>
    Jon<br>
      WeslakeMonza1330--- via Spridgets wrote:<br>
        http-equiv="Content-Type">
          (?), Carlisle, PA, I crossed the busy main road (on foot) to
          browse the truck stop shop.  At least I think that was the
          shop relevant to this e-mail.  I purchased some really neat
          red and orange pilot lights for my Sprite of the 'Barjan'
          brand.  I still have the packaging (for off road use only -
          oops to late to comply) and see that Barjan is from East
          Molline, Illionois while the lights themselves are made in
          Taiwan.</div>
          them.  A pending possible electronic speedo conversion means I
          may need a blue pilot light to mount in my dash.  Hopefully
          not though because I don't want to put a hole in the dash.  UK
          legislation suggests that my 69 Sprite may not need a blue
          pilot light to indicate that the headlights are on high beam
          (rather than dipped) but I want to get a light anyway as a
          contingency/precautionary measure for the annual MOT.</div>
          looking for although the brand was LED technologies and an
          Australian owned company but with the light itself still made
          in Taiwan.  So, I purchased a blue pilot light at about 5
          times the cost of my original red or orange unit (that also
          came 2 to a pack) and found there was a difference.  The
          difference is that the blue lens is multi-faced like the pilot
          light in the speedo but my original Barjan pilot lights are
          round and smooth.  I don't want to purchase a pair of new LED
          red and orange bulbs to get similar multi-faced finishes if I
          can help it, but would rather find a smooth blue unit.  So
          anyone happen across any of the older style Blue (maybe
          purple?) Barjan pilot lights?  </div>

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated"
href="mailto:spridgets@autox.team.net";>spridgets@autox.team.net</a>

href="http://www.team.net/archive";>http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="http://www.team.net/forums";>http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>

--===============4856760034834284386==--