[Spridgets] Verizon Scam, no LCB content

To: Spridget Chat Group <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] Verizon Scam, no LCB content
From: Michael Rowe <mdrowe@optonline.net>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 19:18:10 -0400
My daughter sent the following, which I checked and found to be correct.  I
went to my Verizon account and learned that I had agreed to let Verizon give
out whatever information they have on me, including phone calls, to pretty much
anyone who pays them, and probable the government as well.  I had agreed to
this by failing to "opt out" in one of those multipart advertizements that we
all ignore.  ("If you don't respond, we assume you accept.")  If you have
Verizon Wireless, better check this out.

Michael Rowe

See this NY Times article about Verizon sharing customer information:
http://www.nytimes.com/external/readwriteweb/2009/03/07/07readwriteweb-verizon_customers_-_just_say_no.html?em

There's an italicized blurb at the bottom that links to a website that shows
you how to opt-out of the info-sharing, which sounds like a good idea.