[Spridgets] OT Joke - Contractors

To: "Spridgets List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Spridgets] OT Joke - Contractors
From: "Larry Daniels" <ladaniels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2009 16:53:35 -0600
Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House in D.C.
One from Illinois, one from Tennessee, and a third from Kentucky.

They all go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Tennessee contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring,
then works some figures with a pencil.  'Well', he says,'I figure the job will
run about $900; $400 for materials, $400 for my crew, and $100 profit for me.'

The Kentucky contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, 'I
can do this job for $700; $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit
for me.'

The Illinois contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White
House official and whispers, '$2,700.'

The official, incredulous, whispers back, 'You didn't even measure like the
other guys!  How did you come up with such a high figure?'  The Illinois
contractor whispers back, '$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire that guy
from Kentucky to fix the fence.'

'Done!' replies the government official.

And that my friends, is how it all works!!