Starter or Solenoid?

To: Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Starter or Solenoid?
From: Robert Weeks <lists@woozy.com>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 04:32:49 -0400
I used to know the answer to this question but my early onset case of
duh disease must have wiped it from my memory banks.

Lately when I get in the Midget I turn the key, gas pump starts pumping,
continue turning to the start position and nothing. Do this a couple
more times with the same result. After that turning the key a few more
times to start gives me a click (solenoid) but nothing else. Being hard
headed and reluctant to give up I turn the key a few more times and
presto! we're good to go.

Sounds to me like either the ignition switch or more likely the
solenoid, but what do I know? I'm not ruling out the starter. I've got a
good starter and solenoid off the '69 organ donor car but time being
tight and all, I'd like to figure out the best plan of attack. If its
the solenoid I can do that before I go to work. If its the starter that
will need to wait until later and it will have to get in line in back of
my oil cooler install. Might as well do the oil cooler and the starter
together

Thanks,

Robert