Re: Fwd: Re: Intake manifold

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Fwd: Re: Intake manifold
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2006 19:24:18 -0700 (PDT)
--- Martyn Ridley <ridleymj@bis.on.ca> wrote:

> While I agree it is quite possible to modify a B
> intake manifold to fit
> 1.5inch carbs on a Sprite, .... Most opt for a
Weber;
> more power, less hassle.

I would agree that out of the box the Weber is
competitive (I use 45 DCOE on 2 of my 3 Spridgets),
but the best 1275 engine builder in the US IMHO
(George Bauchman) uses 1.5 SUs exclusively. The famous
Dr. J with his 150+HP Bauchman Sprite uses 1.5s, and
authenticity isn't his thing. I use a Weber, but quite
a few guys run unmodified 1.5 SUs, and the very
fastest use 1.5s.

Ron