Source for fiberglass body panels?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Source for fiberglass body panels?
From: "Greg Gowins" <cartman@rcn.com>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2006 15:15:14 -0500
Hello all,

It appears that my wait for Smoothline to get their tooling fixed to once
again make Spridget hoods (or bonnets, depending on your side of the pond)
was been for naught.  They no longer make any body panels, only hardtops.
If you remember, I bought a set of front fenders and a hood from them a few
years back.  However, there was a fire in the curing oven while the hood was
being cured that destroyed the tooling for making hoods.  I was very happy
with the fit and quality of the fenders, so I eagerly awaited the
announcement that hoods were once again being produced for Spridgets.

So all of this gets me to the point of the email.  What are other sources of
fiberglass body panels that are good steel replacements?  I'm not looking
for the thin, wavy stuff used for racing, but stuff that is structurally
sound, and once painted you can't tell the difference.  Any info, or other
options to consider, are appreciated.

Greg Gowins

'69 Sprite

Driftwood, TX