dead tach any leads?

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: dead tach any leads?
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 13:47:32 -0500 reply-type=original
Once again a lurker must arise.  I've just about finished a new wiring
harness install into a 1974 Midget.  Everything pretty much works as it
should with the exception of the tach.  I'm lost, it doesn't do a thing,
didn't really work before the wiring install either only intermittantly.  We
figured the harness was so butchered that it was the cause.  This tack has a
male bullet and female bullet and 2 spade connectors, white wires go to the
bullet, and a green to the spade, and nothing is hooked to the second spade
which is part of the tach body.  Car starts fine, so voltage is going
through the tach.  Could it be something internal?  I'd search the archives,
but i'm burning daylight and it is nice out....
Headed back to the car.

Charlie
OKC, OK