Mk2 accesory lighter? Prob with starter cable.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Mk2 accesory lighter? Prob with starter cable.
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 21:35:02 -0500
Got me a nice gen-yoo-wine starter cable from a 1098 dash. Problem is hole for
where starter cable "should" go is a 5/8" hole. There was a smaller hole in
the metal directly under the starter hole. Wondering if this could have
happened: When new, owner wants a lighter, dealer makes starter hole bigger
and installs lighter, starter cable repositioned below the lighter, reason
being more convenient place for lighter? Pulling at straws here. Probably need
to either use a pair of washers to install starter cable now, or maybe come up
with a factory lighter and install it as I have described.
Hole for starter cable should only be about 3/8" wide.
62 948 Mk2
Dan