Re: Beaulieu autojumble

To: Jay Fishbein <type79@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Beaulieu autojumble
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2005 08:54:56 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Jay...

>I get my jollies kidding around, but Beaulieu is definitely on my list of
>must-do's.

Jay!  You "kidding around"?   In the immortal words of Captain Louis
Renault, Casablanca Prefect of Police, upon learning that there was
gambling taking place in Rick's American Bar, "I am shocked!!!"

>Actually almost anything in England is on my list of must-do's!

If you will remember, it was after one of my visits to Beaulieu untold
years ago that we talked about this.  I tried to convince you then, and
now that I came back on the list a few weeks ago, I find that you still
have not taken the advice of the sage (no, the philosopher, not the
herb!!!).  Well I have said it before and I will say it again.  You and
everyone else interested in the cars we love need a trip to Blighty!
Even though the pound is much stronger and works to our disadvantage,
good quality parts are far less expensive.  I will be taking by
carburetters over to Burlen Fuel Systems in Salisbury, almost in the
shadow of Stonehenge, and leaving them to be completely rebuilt at a
pittance of the price I would pay here.  They  are the legitimate heirs
to the S.U. and Zenith compan, have all of the original manufacturing
equipment and now manufactures all SU Carburettors, all SU Electric and
mechanical fuel pumps, and Zenith and CD carburetters.  And, of course,
they supply all of the aftermarket needs.  Incidently, they will be
shipping my carburetters out of the country, so I don't have to pay the
17.5% VAT (which is included in the cost of all goods and services.
Since they make the original parts, they don't come by way of Clarici's
favorite slop shops in Taipai, Shanghai, or Bombay.

Anyway, a trip to England is a marvelous way to combine the serious
business of your Sprite/Midget, with the fun of England.  And, if you
find a tie to your job, you might be able to accomplish it all as a tax
deduction.  (When she was teacher, my wife got four units from UCLA and
we got a tax deduction that held up to audit.)

Buster Evans
Anaheim, California