Anti-sway bar/tire rub

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Anti-sway bar/tire rub
Date: Sun, 12 Jun 2005 22:35:29 EDT
While we're on the subject of anti-sway bars.....Today I noted that the  link
on the anti-sway bar on my '74 Midget rubs the inside of the 155/80 tire on
the passenger side.  Although the rub is slight and no damage has been  done,
I was going to go to 175/70 tires on 5.5" rims in the future.  Should  I
reconsider?  Can I adjust the mounting of the anti-sway bar to prevent  the
rubbing?  It looks like I could tilt the bottom of the link inward, but  then I
would
have to shorten or bend the anti-sway bar.  Should I  reconsider the wider
tires?  Any help from the list would be  appreciated.

Steve Swarin
'74 Midget "parts"