Re: Evaporative Loss Questions

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Evaporative Loss Questions
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 21:45:29 -0500 reply-type=original with any abuse report
> At least on the 75 that unit mounts on a diagonal brace running from above
> the fender tub down to the rear trunk floor.  It has one larger flat side,
> which
> goes against the brace.

It is also that way on the 72, 73, and 74 Midgets I have owned. I had
similar issues with fuel smell in my 74 and eventually discovered that the
rubber of the hoses to and from that boot-mounted cannister were rotted
away, although the steel mesh on them made it hard to tell until I pulled
them, plugged one end and blew into the other. I was unable to find suitable
replacements, so I used a cut-off wheel on my Dremel to dissect them and
replaced them with plain rubber fuel line held onto the original fittings
with hose clamps. End of problem.
David Lieb
1972 Blue