Re: 3 questions

To: "de Brebisson, Cyrille" <cyrille@hp.com>, <Spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 3 questions
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2004 08:19:50 -0600
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 23:30:44 -0600, de Brebisson, Cyrille wrote
> Hello list!
>
> Well, I have 3 questions today regarding my 78 midget...
>
> - First, since this afternoon, my car is starting to pull right when
> I break. This never happened before and started quite sudently. Does
> anyone has any idea what can cause this and how to check the
> different posibility?

There are a lot of possibilities.  You really need to check out your brakes
(all 4 corners), and the rear axle mounts.

> - second, there is a weired stuff under my car. A cable/part that
> does not apear to be connected to anything. Can someone look at the pictures
> at: http://hpmad.homeip.net/midget and give me a clue

Yup.  That's a restraining cable that keeps the engine and transmission
assembly from forcibly exiting the car in a collision, and from shifting
forward in its mounts under heavy braking.  It was added when they discovered
that the 1500 could decelerate hard enough for the engine to push the fan into
the radiator.

> - and last, there apear to be a crack on my front right a arm (again,
> see picture at http://hpmad.homeip.net/midget) should I worry? Would
> getting it welded be enough?

I wouldn't trust a re-weld.  If it's cracking there, the rest of the A-arm is
probably pretty fatigued.  I would replace it.

Chris K.