Interesting MGA guy

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Interesting MGA guy
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 22:53:04 -0400
I was asked over to a friend's house tonight to meet Tom Ball, an MGA
owner who stopped by on his way to CT for the MG meet.
Of course I went over in the rain, top down ;) to see what my buddy
calls, the James Bond MGA.
He was right! This thing looks stock and has secret solenoid powered
compartments, loads of walnut, lights under the bonnet pointed at the
carbs, dizzy, and one aimed at the engine from the fire wall.
A radio/CD/CB set up. built in ice box, train air horns that will wake
the dead, lighted center console, door pockets with a twist, and so much
stuff, that he gives a tour of the car. And when you finish the tour, he
gives you a button that reads "I took the Tom Ball Tour"
Tom is a jewler by trade and he handed me an MG zippo type cig lighter.
Again, no ordinairy lighter, flip the lid and it has dancing lights all
around the clear case. It is an electic start fuel lighter, no flint!
After the tour, I told him I was going home to tear apart my Bugeye and
make all those cool secret compartments.
He even has a 125 psi air compressor built in complete with water
separator for all those "at the show paint jobs" :) Or to just pump up
his tires.
Oh I almost forgot the MG octogon shaped table with umbrella that hooks
to his trailer hitch for those car show picnics.
Amazing!
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ