Couple of Sprite moving questions

To: "'spridget list'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Couple of Sprite moving questions
Date: Tue, 11 May 2004 13:04:43 +0100
Howdy all,

My time in Europe is about to come to a close, and I'll be heading back to
the US.  As I mentioned before, I bought a house in Texas, but all my stuff
is still in California.  I think I have everything covered, except the
transport of the Sprite.

It is not in a currently driveable state.  I had it disassembled to be
painted, which I had to postpone due to moving to Europe.   Question One,
what is the smallest trailer someone has used to pull a Spridget?  Is it
5X10, 5X8, 6X12?  Question Two, has anyone used a Honda Accord to pull a
Sprite on a trailer?  It looks like the weight is going to be ok for the
Honda, I'm just concerned about the distance.   The are patches between San
Jose and Austin where there is a whole lotta nuthin'.

Hopefully the Sprite is going to fit into my uncle's trailer with the rest
of my stuff, but in case it doesn't I'm making contingencies.  I'm on a
tight time schedule, so I'm trying to account for as many surprises as
possible, and this is one is at the top of the list.  Any info is
appreciated!

Also, if there are any listers that would like to meet up along the way, let
me know.  We're taking the north route on I-40 through Albuquerque on the
way out, and coming back via I-10.

Greg Gowins