Re: Diagnostics- NO LBC

To: gerard <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: Diagnostics- NO LBC
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 11:39:19 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net, midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com
I bought a unit called Auto XRay that's sold by various outlets, from Eastwood
to JCWhitney.  Although I don't have it, it can use a computer link to a PC
through, it was, a COM port.  I chose this one because it included cables for
earlier computerized cars, including my '86 Mustang, the '90 Mustang engine that
will go in my Cobra, my '94 Dodge truck, and my '98 Neon.  I've used it on
others' cars and trucks as well, and it has successfully identified a number of
problems that were then easily fixed.

I noticed the units that depend on Palms and other PDAs ended up costing about
the same or more, especially if you don't already have the right PDA.