Re: micro ajdustment knob does what?

To: "Robert E. Shlafer" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: Re: micro ajdustment knob does what?
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 2004 17:30:58 -0500
Cc: Kevin Valentine <kevin@valentinephoto.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Robert E. Shlafer wrote:

> I found the spring had separated from
> the vac. advance plate pivot pin in one
> of my PO'd MGA's after we noticed the
> micro-adjuster was not working.
>
> Yet, the engine ran fine. We hooked all
> back up (and checked to be sure the
> micro-adj. worked...it did. The car ran
> just as well with slightly better fuel economy. So in my case, the vac.
> plate
> didn't move on it's own (for whatever
> reason?).
>
> Methinks...dumb luck.

For sure cause I had on pop off and it drove me nuts!!!
Timing good, 5 minutes later, timing way off.
But if your advance plate was a bit dirty or semi seized up, you
wouldn't notice it.
If it moves freely, it will move freely when ever and where ever it wants.
The little hook on the end of my spring snapped off.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ