Re: Run vs Concours

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Run vs Concours
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 12:32:01 -0500
That's really personal taste, but assuming that you're talking about the
car "as it sits" as opposed to "creating" an accurate original car, lack
of rust and rot, original detail parts, ideally with rubber mats (but
they are HARD to find), probably low mileage, lack of DPO repairs and
modifications.

It's impractical to get into great detail here, but if you are
interested in learning what consitiutes an original car I would suggest
obtaining some Spridget books.

First and most important would be copies of factory parts manuals on the
particular Sprite that interests you. They are regularly available on
ebay. Terry Horler's book is very good and currently in print and
available for around $22.00. I would also suggest Eric Dymock's book and
  Geoffrey Healey's books. You want to examine period pictures of
unmolested cars as well as contemporary pictures of perfect original
unrestored cars.

jay fishbein
wallingford, ct
http://home.ix.netcom.com/~type79/