Another Sprite Spree & Carlisle post

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Another Sprite Spree & Carlisle post
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 13:41:10 EDT
Hi List,

Here I am back on the list for as long as I can find the time which will be
till Monday evening at least (Monday is a holiday).

Firstly, thanks to Rick, Cindy, Jim & Joe for all their hospitality.  Second,
special thanks to Frank Clarici for lending us the A40 without which the meet
would have been less fun even if someone else had lent us a family car (might
have been a Chevvy Blazer!).  I was pleased Frank won one the excellent
plaques at the meet for the A40 (I think it was the most popular car).  Thirdly
(apologies for the running order) to Dean Hedin for the most WOW plaques I have
ever seen - a fortune could be made in selling something very similiar.  Not
least thanks to all the people who helped one way or the other, offered me
drives, and just spent time to say hello.  Apologies from me for not spending
more
time talking to people much or not at all.  I do think I succeeded in getting
to know people a bit better this meet but not as much as I wanted.  I think it
was Allen Hefner & Kevin Valentine who I hardly got to speak to at all on
'Stapleton's green Tuesday'.  I had planned to chat on the Monday night but
having had a 9 month old empty the contents of her stomache (much more than
just
milk) on me 10 minutes into an 8 hour flight followed by nearly a 3 hour drive
thought a bath and bed were a priority.  I met the REAL Larry, and less so
another Larry but not sure if that Larry is  from the list.

I am glad I took a break from photography to take part in the drag race,
despite being unofficially handicapped,  because our time time won 2nd prize so
that was neat.

Massed drives were exciting especially because they involved driving on the
WRONG side of the road, can't speak for others on this point though.

It was worth going just for Pete C's tech session on Armstrongs and when I
get chance I'll be asking more questions.

I said goodbye to one of my old gearlevers (freshly chromed) forever and am
going to start working sooner (maybe next week) on 2008 trophies so I am 3 to
give away/get given away rather than just the one.

I learnt some new spridgetley stuff and have other stuff to double check for
accuracy.  Photos hopefully will be published and credit card debt
reduced/cleared.

Regret not doing lots of things but simply ran out of time.

Carlise was great too even though it rained solid on Friday.  I finally got
to eat some Shoo Fly Pie but didn't see any scrapple.  I asked Rick about
Scrapple and maybe I woudn't have liked it.  I drove past a Pep Boys so at
least
have an idea of what you guys & gals are going on about but didn't get to
browse
the store.

Haven't carried a lot of parts to the meet I hadn't expected to carry a load
home but thanks to Alan Fisher I saved a number of parts from a trash can
including a 1275 flywheel (expensive s/h over here assuming you can get one).
guess airport security were jealous because they opened up the case it was in
to have a look.  BA noted it as well and put a special label on the case that
said HEAVY.

Must not forget the Australians inc an advert for the Bugeye Barn who have
loads of the proper alternator bracket for the A-series which avoids using the
dynamo bracket with an extra long bolt and spacers, also they have a nice 'you
can hit it with a hammer' tool for the rear axle nut.

I'm getting hassled here to do some household chores, put the baby to bed etc
so will have to sign off for now and remember if I didn't give you a personal
mention it doesn't mean I forgot you. Finally, I know 5 years is a long way
off but I do plan to be there but hope one way or another to see some of you
before then.

Daniel1312