Re: Anyone ever hear of PPG Brickyard Red?

To: Charles Christ <cfchrist@earthlink.net>, Spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Anyone ever hear of PPG Brickyard Red?
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:04:01 -0600
Charles Christ wrote:

> `````````````time to go to your local ppg paint store and look at their
> books!
>
> chuck

Chuck,

That's where I found the color in the first place.  I spent much of last
Saturday in their shop looking (read: drooling) over color charts,
trying to envision what a 2" paint chip would look like on an entire
car.  I like the Brickyard Red, and I also like a PPG color called
Shamrock Green (PPG # 45884).  These are both pearlized base colors, and
take tinted pearl overcoats quite well.  Since there are no mix and
match charts where you can try a tint over a base (there are number of
already tried and true combo chips, but not every possible combo) it's a
little tough to visualize what one tint over a particular base will do.

I had the PPG paint shop mix me a 1/2 pint of the Brickyard Red that I
then covered some black and white paint cards with.  It looks darker
than I wanted, so I was hoping to see it on a car in the sunlight to see
if sprayed out it would be lighter.

Tim C.