Re: roll bars and rollovers (long)

To: <GreenBugeye@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: roll bars and rollovers (long)
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 06:40:47 -0500
When the dearly departed Red Rat (now Dead Rat) Bastard rolled, it was
caused by the right front suspension (2 bolts that hold the steering arm to
the right front sheared) collapsing, loosing the right front wheel (steering
and brakes) and hitting the tire wall at a 45 degree angle at over 100 mph,
then flipping 2 1/2 times while racing at Mosport. My Speedwell built (Tom
Colby) roll bar did it's job well (and was undamaged). I, however, was
not... fractured a bunch of ribs from the impact.

Keep the shiny side up..(although with that car, it was hard to tell which
side was which anyway...)

WST