rollbars and rollovers

To: <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: rollbars and rollovers
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 18:21:06 -0400
I have been pondering installing a rollbar in my 78 midget, and in doing so
wonder...

- What are the stats for Midgets rolling over?  Do real stats exist,
anywhere?  Maybe old Leyland tests?

- What does it take to get one to roll over?  I mean, how sharp CAN I take
that turn?  On dry pavement, will it tend to fishtail first?

- How can I know if the rollbar I buy is a "real" one, or a decoration?

- Is there any mod I can do short of a rollbar to help lessen the chance of
a rollover?

No fun to think about, but that windshield doesn't look like it would do the
job!

Steve
78 Midget
http://www.geocities.com/my1978mgmidget